This article discusses how to add and manage items in your profile shop to sell on the Whatnot marketplace.
Users don’t have to apply with Whatnot to sell items through their profile shop.
Buyers can find your listings using the app’s search feature or by visiting your profile. Buyers can place an offer and negotiate a price for items in your shop. You can manage all offers on your shop items through the Offers page. Visit our Offers Frequently Asked Questions page for more info.
Note: You can only add items to your shop using the iOS or Android mobile app.
Adding Items to your Shop on iOS
- Open the Whatnot app on your iOS device.
Tap the + (plus) icon in the top right-hand corner.
Select Create a listing.
Choose if you want to Scan, Search, or manually enter the item information:
Scan: Scan the item’s barcode to populate a list of options from Whatnot’s database. Be sure to scan the correct barcode. Remove any obstructions (e.g., stickers, glare, etc.) that could prevent the camera from capturing the barcode accurately.
- Tap Scan.
- Center the item’s barcode in the center of your camera.
- Select your item from the list of results.
Search: Search through Whatnot’s database and select the item you want to sell.
- Tap Search.
Search for and select an item from the list of results.
- Scan: Scan the item’s barcode to populate a list of options from Whatnot’s database. Be sure to scan the correct barcode. Remove any obstructions (e.g., stickers, glare, etc.) that could prevent the camera from capturing the barcode accurately.
Configure the following settings:
- Category: The category of the item you’re selling (e.g., Funko, Trading Card Game, etc.). This is pre-selected if you used the Scan or Search function to add your item.
- Title: Item name. Be as specific as possible and use keywords to help users search for and find items during your livestream. This field is pre-filled if you use the Scan or Search function to add your item.
- Description: Describethe item, including the condition. Be as detailed as you can. Note: Check out our item conditions guidelines to help identify your item's quality.
- Tap Upload Photo or Video and take pictures of your item (front, back, top, bottom, and each side). Optionally, take photos of any damage or residue your item might have. Tap Continue when you’re done.
- Tap Next.
Provide the following item selling details:
- Price: The price of the item.
- Quantity: The total number of inventory you have for that item.
- Shipping Profile: Choose from the list of options to indicate the weight of your item. Note: The Shipping Profile is pre-selected if you used the Scan or Search function to add your item.
- Tap Done (iOS) or Publish (Android).
- Choose to either Finish uploading your listing or Add Another.
Editing or Deleting Shop Items
- Open the Whatnot app on your mobile device.
Tap the profile icon at the far right of the bottom menu bar.
Tap the Menu two-lines icon in the top right-hand corner.
Under Selling, tap Listings.
- Tap the listing you want to update or delete.
Choose how to manage your listing:
Edit: Update the marketplace listing info or add more photos.
Tap the pencil icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Tap Add Photo and capture additional photos of the item.
- Update the Title and Description as needed. Tap Next if you’re on iOS.
- Update the Price and Quantity as needed.
- Tap Save (iOS) or Update (Android).
- Tap the pencil icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Delete: Delete the listing entirely from your account.
- Pause: Remove the listing from your marketplace but keep the listing in your account. Tap Activate when you want to make the listing live again.
- Share: Share your listing with others.
- Edit: Update the marketplace listing info or add more photos.
Note: To edit the weight/dimensions, condition, or photos, you must delete the listing and add a new one.
Please click here to contact our Seller Support team if you have any questions.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Importing Your Poshmark Listings
- Adding and Scanning Graded Items to Sell in a Livestream or Profile Shop
- Coins & Currency Listing Requirements
- Using Vacation Mode
- Adding and Managing Items in your Profile Shop
- What products can I sell live on Whatnot?
- Using Stories in the Whatnot App
- Whatnot Marketplace Listing Guidelines
- What products can I sell on the Whatnot Marketplace?
- Where can I sell from?
Please sign in to leave a comment.