Sellers can upload a CSV file to build out their inventory for a show.
Note: This feature is only available via whatnot.com on your web browser.
Important things to know:
- This feature is in Beta, so please bear with us while we continue to improve and fine-tune it
- The values in Category, Sub Category, Type, and Shipping Profile are sensitive and need to match the allowable values on Whatnot. You can find these values under the Values tab in this sheet.
Creating a CSV file
- Open this CSV template.
- Click File > Make a Copy.
- Category: Provide the category for each item. The value provided in this column needs to match one of the values provided under the Categories column in the Values tab of the template.
- Sub Category: Provide the sub-category for each item. The value provided in this column needs to match one of the values provided under the Sub-categories column in the Values tab of the template.
- Title: Provide the name of each item.
- Description: Describe the condition of each item.
- Quantity: Provide the total number you have in your inventory for each item.
- Type: Specify if the item is for an Auction, Buy It Now, or Giveaway.
- Price: Provide the price of each item. For auction items, this value acts as the starting price. Fill out the template with your inventory using Google Sheets (do not export into Excel). Provide the following info for each item:
Shipping Profile: Provide the weight for each item. The value provided in this column needs to match one of the values provided under the Shipping Profile column in the Values tab of the template. Note: Please do not provide custom weights that don’t match the values provided in the template.
- Gradable: Item can be graded prior to shipping to the customer. Not available for all sellers.
- Offerable: Available for Buy it Now items, buyers can make an offer on these items. Not available for all sellers.
- Click File > Download > CSV. Save the file on your computer.
Uploading a CSV file into your livestream
- Go to whatnot.com on your web browser.
- Schedule your livestream.
- Click on the profile icon in the top right-hand corner. Select My Livestreams.
- Click Open Stream under the livestream you want to upload the CSV file to.
- Click the Add button at the bottom of the left panel.
- Choose to upload the CSV under Auction, Buy It Now, or Giveaway.
- Click Upload CSV (BETA) and choose the file you want to upload.
- Once the file is uploaded, click Confirm.
If you have any questions or would like to provide feedback, please click here to reach out to our Seller Support team.
Was this article helpful?
47 out of 60 found this helpful
Articles in this section
- Understanding and Using Seller Analytics
- Promoting Your Livestream
- Viewing and Managing Videos on Demand (VODs) from Previous Livestreams
- Capturing and Displaying Hits in Your Livestream
- Setting up your Mobile App Notification Settings
- Livestream Tools
- CSV Uploader (BETA)
- Whatnot Randomizer FAQ
- Direct Messaging (For Sellers)
- Verfied Buyers
Is this available?