Test Mode allows you to test out your streaming setup without being visible in the Home feed or notifying your followers that you've gone live. However, anyone with a link to the stream can still join.
There are two ways to enable Test Mode:
- While scheduling a livestream, turn on Test Mode within the scheduling settings.
- On previously scheduled livestreams, use the app on your web browser to enable Test Mode for those shows.
If you want to start a discoverable livestream after testing your stream, you will have to disable Test Mode (on the desktop app or web browser) or schedule another livestream.
- Test Mode currently works only on the desktop app, iOS mobile app, and your web browser.
- However, scheduled Test Mode settings cannot be changed in the mobile app but can be changed on the web.
- If a test livestream has ended before you’re ready, you can restart the livestream up to one hour after it ends.
If a test livestream has ended before you’re ready, you can restart the livestream up to one hour after it ends.
Turning On or Off Test Mode while Scheduling a Livestream
When you schedule a livestream, you can also turn on Test Mode so you can test your stream before going live.
- Open the app on iOS and desktop, or go to whatnot.com on your web browser.
- Schedule your livestream.
- Configure your livestream settings as needed.
- Under Content settings, click or tap Test mode.
- Once you’re done setting up your livestream, click or tap Schedule.
Turning on Test Mode for Previously Scheduled Livestreams
If you have previously scheduled livestreams you want to enable Test Mode on, you can do so on your web browser or desktop app.
- Open the desktop app or go to whatnot.com on your web browser.
- Click on the profile icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Click on My Livestreams.
- Select Enable Test Mode.
To disable Test Mode, follow the same steps as above and click Disable Test Mode.
Starting a Test Stream
- Go to the livestream that has Test Mode turned on. You’ll know you’re in a test stream when it says “You are in a test show” (on mobile) or “IN TEST MODE” (on desktop and web) on your screen.
- Click Start Stream (on desktop and web) or tap Start Show (on iOS).
- Test your stream as needed. To share your stream;
- Click Copy next to your stream URL in the top right-hand corner of your stream.
- Share that URL with anyone.
- Tap Share on the right-hand side of your screen.
- Choose how you’d like to share the link to your test stream.
Ending a Test Stream
- In your test stream, click or tap the More three-dot icon.
- Click or tap End Show.
- Confirm that you want to end your show.
If you end a test stream and want to restart that livestream with test mode turned off, visit Restarting a Livestream to learn more. You must restart the livestream within an hour after the livestream was ended.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Raiding Another Livestream
- Restarting a Livestream
- PSA Grading Overview
- Using Two Devices While Live
- Choosing Quantities when adding a New Listing
- Banning a User from a Livestream
- Starting an Auction during a Livestream
- Adding Items to Sell in a Livestream
- Scheduling a Live Show
- Clipping a Livestream
This was helpful, thanks