To keep Whatnot safe and provide a great experience for buyers and sellers, we have the following guidelines on what can be listed. Please note that we also review every listing. Anything that is listed that may compromise the integrity of the platform, is not allowed.
We will not allow listings that:
- Do not clearly show the condition of the item that is listed (e.g., have very blurry photos)
- Item with incorrect condition label (if this happens infrequently, we will alter it ourselves, but if this happens for every one of your listings, they will just be rejected)
- Items that clearly have factory defects
- Anything that blocks the item in the photos
- If the exact item has already been listed on Whatnot by you (you can list multiple of the same type of the item if you own multiple of them)
- Items with autographs must be certified by JSA, PSA, Beckett or B.A.M. You must include a photo of the Certification Card (except for Beckett's new sticker model)
- Do not have the required photos
- Show significant signs that the item may be counterfeit or altered in any way (e.g., sticker swapped)
- Items that are priced higher than the market value
- Listings with more than one item. Each listing must be from an individual item
We also have the specific guidelines for our categories and items may be rejected if they do not meet requirements.
- Items that don’t have the factory codes (the 3-letters code followed by numbers) on the box (unless this way it was manufactured)
- Contain photos of an item in a protector. Protectors can hide damage. The only exception to this rule is anything that comes shrink wrapped in a protector when purchased new (e.g., Vader Futura)
- Only contain loose items. Every listing must have a box
- Only contain a box. Every listing must have a pop figure inside the box
- Graded pops from VVGG and PSA
Prototypes should have an origin proof document (e.g. Gemini or Funko Fundays purchase receipt) and it should be sent to the buyer with their purchase
- Items that don’t have the factory codes (the 3-letters code followed by numbers) on the bottom of the can
- Only contain loose items. Every listing must have a soda can
- Sealed items must clearly show that they are factory sealed
- Chase sodas must prove that they are chase, otherwise, they will be listed as the regular version of the item
- If you want to list all the cans in a box, you must identify them, so the buyer can know exactly what soda he is purchasing
- FigPins without the case, every pin must have their case
Booster Boxes and Packs for Pokémon or SportsCards
- Booster packs that don't clearly show that they are factory sealed. Try to include photos of the top and bottom of the pack
- Booster boxes that aren’t factory sealed or show signals of being opened before. Try also to include photos from the sides of the box
- Cards that don’t clearly show the authentication code
- Autographed graded cards that only have the autograph grading
Was this article helpful?
97 out of 137 found this helpful
Articles in this section
- Importing Your Poshmark Listings
- Adding and Scanning Graded Items to Sell in a Livestream or Profile Shop
- Coins & Currency Listing Requirements
- Using Vacation Mode
- Adding and Managing Items in your Profile Shop
- What products can I sell live on Whatnot?
- Using Stories in the Whatnot App
- Whatnot Marketplace Listing Guidelines
- What products can I sell on the Whatnot Marketplace?
- Where can I sell from?